While much of the news going on right now is intense, sad and kind of scary, we still believe it is important to acknowledge the goodness out there in the world. So without further adieu…The Good News of the Week!
1. Here are a few amazing stories stemming from all that happening in Japan. Just a few examples of folks sending aid to Japan: Hollywood stars, studios, baseball players, children, SXSW and the video game industry. There are powerful stories of survival and reunion. And immense gratitude and light to the nuclear power plant workers risking their lives to prevent further devastation.
2. A 90 year old man who works at the Santa Anita Racetrack saves a young girl from being run down by a horse. He had several bones broken in the process, but is apparently doing well!
3. A beautiful little story of friendship…a dog in Japan will not leave his injured canine friend who was injured in the Tsunami.
4. Actress Aila Fisher decided that there not enough good comedic roles for women in film…so decided to write her own movie along with Amy Poehler! Pretty freaking cool!!
5. Laughter does the body good! A study shows that laughing helps to heal leg ulcers.
6. In awesome Random Acts of Kindness news: A woman gives out $100 bills to shoppers!